About Our Curriulum
At Sir Bobby Robson School, we pride ourselves on personalising the education we provide to each pupil, in the belief that by re-igniting their interest in academic studies and vocational practice, they will reach their full potential with us. We are committed to the education and welfare of our pupils, with the goal of preparing them for the next step in their lives.
Our school holds at the heart of its work the ambition to create an environment that fully equips pupils for their personal and academic development. Our goal is to empower and support each individual student to achieve in practical, functional, and long-lasting ways. Pupils time with us should provide them with the pathways to access futures that when they joined us, they did not see as possible.
With this in mind, we aim to:
- Ensure Teaching and Learning is at the heart of everything we do.
- Provide a supportive environment that promotes the learning and personal development of all students;
- Improve the behaviour and attitude of each student with towards both adults and their peers;
- Reinforce each student’s identity, self-esteem, and integrity;
- Instil an understanding of fundamental British values for citizenship.
Our school works with the Local Authority to ensure that students who fail to thrive in a mainstream school environment have a genuine educational alternative. We believe that every young person should have the opportunity to succeed and rekindle or find a love of learning. With this as a core belief, we aim to develop young people into unique, responsible, discerning members of society with a sense of their own value and our school is structured to nurture the social development of all the young people we work with.
Our Curriculum Policy is available to read from our Policies & Documents page.